St John’s Hospice is a local charity supporting patients and families in North Lancs and the South Lakes since 1986. Serving a population of over 250,000 people, we are specialists in palliative care for a range of life shortening conditions.
Having a life shortening condition does not mean that quality of daily life should suffer. Our experienced team of specialists work together with our patients to make sure they are getting the care and support they need to live their life the way they want to, as much as possible.
Our In-Patient Unit provides a high standard of specialist palliative care and support around the clock, 365 days of the year, for anyone aged 18 years and over.
Our Day Therapy Services provide a place for people to come and talk to others going through similar experiences to them, make friends, take part in group exercises or perhaps relax with a complementary therapy session. The aim is to enhance quality of life and to promote independence as far as possible.
Our Hospice at Home team are a dedicated unit of healthcare professionals who visit patients in the comfort of their own home to offer specialist palliative care at the end of life. Offering symptom management as well as support and advice, the team is there to help both the patient and their family.
The care we provide at St John’s Hospice is free of charge to patients and families, but it is not cost free. We receive 30% of our core funding from the NHS, for the remaining 70% we rely on our amazing local community and fundraising efforts.
If you would like to help St John’s by donating some money, some time, support, goods for our shops or anything at all that you think could help us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 01524 382538 or visit www.sjhospice.org.uk